The World Of Jadeey: See I'll be doing about 80 on your freeway



See I'll be doing about 80 on your freeway

(I'm sorry about the lyrics but they were the only ones I could think of off the top of my head that were about driving. I know they're not actually about driving but they use driving words even if it is actually talking about sex!)

(Tomorrow I think I might have to write a discussion on my incredibly appalling overuse of brackets. I can't do it today because I already have a topic in mind but I think it needs to be addressed urgently. I cannot continue like this! I am now following up a paragraph all in brackets with a second bracketed paragraph. My first two paragraphs no less. It's disgusting is what it is!)

(And now on with the show!) :-P

I drove my car back from Hamilton today. It was an interesting experience and it got me thinking. (Do you think anything has ever not got me thinking?) We are always hearing that speeding kills right? To drive over the speed limit is not cool, people do not respect you for it and it will not gain you popularity points with many people.

Everyone I know says, when talking about taking a long drive that didn't take as long as expected, "I drove the speed limit the whole way. I don't speed." This can't be true. I was passed by heaps of cars today, and that was even the times that I hadn't been paying attention to my speed and was driving at about 110kph. I'm sure it's not just that no-one I know speeds and that everyone else does. I think everyone says they don't but often they do. Not day-to-day speeding necessarily. Open road speeding is quite different I think since 100kph feels quite slow on the open road.

It's funny that speeding is up there with the racism, sexism, homophobia and all those other things everyone says doesn't relate to them but must relate to some of the people who say it.

I can't decide if society is better for the fact that no-one wants to openly admit to their homophobia, racism etc. On the one hand it's good that it's not mentioned because it shows that feeling that way is something to be ashamed of. You cannot openly admit to being prejudiced about anything because prejudice does not fit in a society that aims to be equal opportunity. On the other hand it's bad that these prejudiced thoughts and feelings are only whispered about because it means that they never get dealt with openly and honestly. The open and honest approach would hurt a lot of people now but would it actually be better in the long run. Would it actually eventually solve the problem or would it just make it worse and take us backwards. I really don't know the answer.

On a lighter note, I'm going go-karting tomorrow. It really has been an exciting 10 days for me. Snowboarding last weekend, Hamilton and go-karting this weekend. What an exciting life I do lead! :-P
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment