The World Of Jadeey: I could be James Dean



I could be James Dean

Actually I couldn't be James Dean since I am a female but they were the first lyrics that sprang to mind about today's topic. That topic is famous people.

I found out today what it is like to be famous. I tell you what, I didn't like it. It was fun for all of about 2 minutes then it drove me crazy. How did I find out what it's like to be famous you ask? Settle down, be patient and I'll tell you.

I dressed up as Bart Simpson today. We have at work a Bart and a Homer costume so me and Andy dressed up and walked around the mall. Instantly we were mobbed. Kids and adults alike ran up to us, grabbed our hands, told us they loved us, patted us on the back, patted us on the bum, got their friends to take photos of them with us and generally just hung around looking at us. The advent of camera phones sure helped a lot of people out today, 5 years ago (even 2 years ago) it would have been quite different since people wouldn't have been carrying cameras on them. Every second person was whipping out a pxt phone today!

Tomorrow I'm dressing as Homer and taking a train ride into town. It should be pretty interesting. Hot though! Those costumes are pretty awful to wear for a long period of time! (I will provide pictures tomorrow)

I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm dying to. I'm going on Sunday with a friend who is up from Wellington and I've decided I will wait and make going with him the first time I see it rather than cheating and seeing it sooner.

Okay, I know this has been very boring and very short but it's late and I want to go to bed and read my book.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

3 Comments:

At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it weird that some days i think about renting a costume and just walking around a mall or the streets and see how many people want to take photos with me

i dont know why but it sounds like fun

also saw an "elmo" by bryant park the other day
his eyes were at odd angles and his nose was a shiny yellow.
we named him stoned elmo.
someone made him so people would take photos with him
then they charged for polaroid pics with him.

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Kat said...

cos they're different species.

Opossum
Possum

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Holly said...

I did suspect that you would have the answer for me! Thanks!

Also - you were up late. Lucky you get to sleep all day today!

 

Post a Comment