The World Of Jadeey: No key, no plan



No key, no plan

Back when I used to blog pretty much every day (and often more than once a day) it was easy because I wrote stuff as I thought of it. Now that I am forcing myself to blog everyday it is a bit different and a lot harder because I have to think up things to talk about. (Heh I'm complaining and this is only the third day of writing, what am I going to be like in a week?)

You should all feel very privileged that I am even writing this since I very nearly forgot. Why did I say you 'all'. I am pretty convinced I only have 2 readers. I should write a BIG, BIG secret here and see how many people talk to me about it to test whether there is anyone else reading.

So here it is. A BIG, BIG secret.....

I'm pregnant.

































































Okay that was a lie. I'm not. I wonder if I put enough enters in for people to have to scroll down to read that it is a lie. I guess I will find out when I hit publish.

The big boss was in town today. It is the first time he has been into work since we opened. (He lives in OZ). It was pretty funny watching the managers above me panic. Me and the other assistant manager were told he would want to talk to us about all the things we have been doing and that we needed to think about what questions he would ask us and prepare answers. For me this meant having to learn a whole lot of statistics about which product lines work best and coming up with reasons why...

Neither of us bothered. I didn't learn the statistics which could have backfired atrociously on me if we'd been wrong in our assumption that he wouldn't want to talk to us. Thankfully we were not wrong. We figured there was no way he'd care about what the assistant managers thought, he'd only care what the complex manager thought. Not to say he thinks we are unimportant. He's a really nice guy but we are not blind to our importance in the big scheme of things. I'm really glad I didn't waste my time memorising boring statistics!

In other job news I got an email today telling me I was unsuccessful in a job I applied for. The funny thing is that I had already turned down the interview because I decided I didn't want the job afterall. So I knew I was unsuccessful and would have been mighty surprised had I actually been successful!

I should go and put some washing on. Yes, I think I might do that. Hold on, I'll be back in a sec. (Not that it makes a difference to people reading this.)

I am back. Rejoice.

I have been wondering about something. What is the normal number of DVDs for a person to have? A lot of my friends have a number in the hundreds so for me that seems normal but I'm sure it's the exception rather than the rule to have that many. Most of my friends are film geeks like me so a big dvd collection is essential. I, myself, am addicted to buying dvds. (Why I, myself? I'm sure that sentence is correct grammatically but it seems a bit redundant to say both 'I' and 'myself'. Who else would it be, I, my next-door neighbour? That's just silly.) Anyway, I am addicted to buying dvds and I hardly ever watch the ones I own. For someone who owns so many I actually don't watch dvds all that often. I would like to but I'm always working so don't end up with a lot of time.

I tell you what, I'd have a lot more money in the bank if I didn't have a stupid addiction to dvd-purchasing. I also have an addiction to video game-purchasing. I think I am a lost cause!

Before I leave you all and hunt down some food. (Or, look in the fridge since that seems easier than actually going hunting. Especially since I don't own a gun and am not that keen on eating opossum or whatever else I find out there. Here's a question, {as though these brackets aren't already big enough and now I even have brackets within brakets} why is it sometimes spelt possum and other times opossum? I do not know the answer but am interested to know the answer if anyone else knows.) Oh no! I wrote so much in the brackets that I've forgotten what I was actually going to write....

(5 minutes of pondering later)

I have remembered! I was going to say that the title of this post comes from the Okkervil River song of the same name. It is an awesome song and I recommend finding it and listening to it. It will change your life. (Amount of life changing may vary. The author of this blog takes no responsibility if you feel your life is not adequately changed by the song.)
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok first of all
dont do that. my hear like jumped a beat

491
and about 75 tv show box sets
opossum was a different animal i thought
have to google it

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Haha sorry. Don't worry though - I am 200% certain that I'm not.

Woah!! You own more than anyone I've ever heard of! You own more than me and my flatmate combined... You are a legend!

 

Post a Comment