The World Of Jadeey: I wrote it for you



I wrote it for you

Alright, a discussion on brackets and my overuse of them. Why do I do it? It's simple really, when I write a blog it is really just a stream of consciousness so I have a lot of asides. If it was Shakespeare (and lets face it, my blog comes pretty close in terms of brilliance) then I would write the word 'aside' but it's not so I just chuck in some brackets.

That's the thing I like about blogging, you don't have to worry about any kind of literary conventions. Obviously if I was writing anything formal, an article, short story, novel etc I wouldn't constantly put in brackets. No-one wants to know what the author thinks in those types of writing but in a blog it's all about what the author thinks. Haha there you go, I like blogging because it's all about me!

So, all in all, I use way too many brackets in here but it doesn't matter because it's a blog and it doesn't have to be grammatically correct. I just hope I don't get into a bracket-habit and start using them in other writing too. That would be bad!

I went go-karting with work today. It was awesome. My team didn't win but we didn't come last either so I can cope. I had forgotten how much fun it is and I want to go back again! I also want to go back snowboarding! Suddenly I like Auckland a little bit! Kat says I should mention that she whipped my arse. However, this is not actually true. Her team beat mine by less than a second and we would have beaten them had the organisers been a little quicker to sort out my teammate who spun out on the last lap. Instead he was left to sit there while everyone else passed him and then he had to go around the track all by himself. So there!

My flatmate is writing tomorrow about something that excites her. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) I think that will be worth checking out so make sure you drop by her blog. (There's a link under 'cool people' on here.)

I have an itch. It is in an unfortunate place. It's the inside of my leg but, of course, when I itch it people probably don't think I am itching my leg so I better remember not to itch it in public lest people think I am a sicko masturbating in public or something!

And on that note I am done.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment