The World Of Jadeey: Up so early, feel so bright



Up so early, feel so bright

Didn't get much sleep last night

Those lyrics apply more to yesterday than today. I started work at 5.30am yesterday which was just craziness. Even worse was that I stayed awake a lot of the night listening to the cricket. (Which we won by the way!!)

Needless to say, I was rather tired yesterday. In a brilliant mood though so all is good.

I watched Karate Kid part one last night. (I bought all three a while ago but hadn't got around to watching them yet). I was obsessed with all the Karate Kid films when I was young. Actually, I had a huge crush on him. I had good taste as a kid (still do) - he's not bad looking you know! He's a bit dumb though. He keeps getting mad at his girlfriend for absolutely nothing then getting all sulky.

I loved him so much I begged my parents to let me do karate so I could be like him. Well, like him AND the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Hehe I never got as good as Daniel-san (Shouldn't that technically be Daniel-kun? I thought kun was used for boys and san used for girls. Can't remember what the exceptions to that rule are) or the Turtles unfortunately.

I love that this has been a short week. It's Friday already - yay! This year is racing by though, it's going to be Christmas before I know it.

Even better, and at the same time worse, it's going to be my birthday before I know it! Better because, well, it's my birthday! Worse because then I'll be 25 and that just sounds old to me.

I shouldn't get excited (or worried) about my birthday yet anyway. There's a lot of good stuff to look forward to before that.

Alright. Film rec time.

1/ The Karate Kid I would recommend all three. They're still fun all these years later.

2/ Garden State Zach Braff's first attempt at directing (JD from Scrubs). Very clearly the work of a guy who has been to film school. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. The story is simple and sweet, the direction good and the music perfect. This is a film I could, and do, watch over and over without getting sick of it. The directors commentary is worth a listen too.

Labels: ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay, comments are working!

Just have to say: Garden State ROCKS! Totally in my top 5 movies, EVER... but seeing as I was the one who took you to see it I guess you already know that ;)

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Haha yes I do already know that! And I will always be grateful to you for introducing me to it. Especially in the comfort of lazy boys :)

 

Post a Comment