The World Of Jadeey: Did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?



Did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?

So, recently I have got back in contact with a number of people from my past.

First was Sam (no, not that Sam. Although I can see where the confusion comes in, you should have seen my flatmates face when I mentioned him! Priceless. From now on that Sam will have to go back to his real name. If I ever deign to mention him that is.)

Then there was Kelly and now Kea. It's truly awesome.

Sam was a guy I chatted to on the 'net when I was around 15. We met at some point at a cricket match and I think, lost contact after that. I don't really remember.

Kelly was my best friend in primary school. We lost contact after 7th form but she is back in Wellington for her wedding. She then gave me Kea's email address who was another friend from primary school, one I haven't seen since I was about 11 because she moved to America and has been living there pretty much ever since.

It's funny how people can move on with their lives, and never even really think about each other. Then, out of the blue, the friendship comes straight back. I love it.

In honour of all this past coming back to haunt me my film recs for today are 2 of my favourite films as a child. (and believe me, they are still awesome)

1/ The Lion King I had my first real date to this movie. He turned out to be a weirdo who, even though we were only 11, wanted sex. But I still have fond memories of the film. I think I saw it about 8 or 9 times at the movies.

2/ The Fox and the Hound Oh how I loved this film. Just thinking about it almost brings tears to my eyes even now.

Tod: "Copper you're my best friend"
Copper: "You're mine too Tod."
Tod: "And we'll always be friends forever. Won't we?"
Copper: "Yeah forever."

Then later

Tod: "We're still friends right?"
Copper: "Tod, those days are over. I'm a hunting dog now."

For me, that just epitomises childhood. We all thought we were going to be friends forever. But things happen and people move on, move away. Thank God for the memories.

By the way: If anyone ever finds The Fox and the Hound on DVD and is at a loss as to what to buy me for a present? I don't own it but would love to. Buying it for me would elevate the person to position of 'Holly's favourite person in the whole wide world'. I found it one day but made the mistake of not purchasing it straight away. I've never found it since.

Labels: ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment