The World Of Jadeey: I'm not saying it's your fault



I'm not saying it's your fault

Although you could have done more

Why is it that everyone knows how injury prone Shane Bond is yet they play him in pointless matches. Yeah I know, he needed to get match fit which is why he played the warm-up games. But that guy would injure his back playing cricket on the bloody playstation so why play him in 2 games where the outcome doesn't matter? Surely a slightly-underplayed Shane Bond is better than no Shane Bond?

Even on his worst day he is our best bowler so, particularly when tonight we have what will probably be our hardest game of the Champions Trophy (unless we make it to the finals) surely it would have been better to rest him from at least one of the warm-up games.

Cricket coaches frustrate me no end. I loved Steve Rixon, barely ever doubted the decisions he made. But recently? I've hated them. Bracewell just annoys the crap out of me. Sad really considering I loved him as a player.

I mean COME ON BRACES why the hell would you open with bloody Hamish Marshall for an entire series when his highest score was about 11. Just because you like him? NOT FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH!

I like Hamish Marshall, I do. But he was severly out of form early this year and should have been dropped. Hell if they wanted him in the field that badly they should have made him carry the drinks. He'd get some playing time then but wouldn't have taken up a valuable batting spot. If there had been no-one else waiting in the wings I would have also understood it. And lets face it, in New Zealand, it's perfectly feasible that we can have a player underperforming yet still not have anyone better to replace them with. But what more could Ross Taylor have done? He was bloody awesome for CD.

It's decisions like these, and the fact that he gives Stephen Fleming barely any responsibility (despite Stephen's proven record) that make me doubt Bracewell's ability as our coach. Not to mention that I haven't seen the team perform this badly in years, and that certainly isn't due to lack of talent.

Haha can you tell I used to write for a cricketing website? Now that it doesn't exist anymore I have to vent my frustrations here.

In Champions Trophy results:

India BEAT England by 4 wickets. I went to bed with England on 55/5 but Collingwood and Dalrymple (or however the hell you spell his name) rallied and they made it through to 125 all out. India must have thought they were going to cruise to victory but England bowled pretty well and India didn't make it look as easy as it should have been.

Labels:

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment