The World Of Jadeey: There goes my hero



There goes my hero

Watch him as he goes

As of Wednesday 25th October 2006, Stephen Fleming will be the most capped international cricket captain in ODI history (unless he falls injured and doesn't play in the next couple of matches). He claimed the record as most capped New Zealand captain early last year and I was excited enough then so you can just imagine how I feel right now.

This is SO much cooler. Do you know the coolest thing about it though? He's been my favourite cricketer since before he was made captain. Clearly I have good taste in cricket players! (Although, I think my taste in guys in general leaves a lot to be desired if recent history is any indication.)

The next game for our boys is tonight. They'll be playing Sri Lanka. It'll be a very tough game, Sri Lanka are desperate for the win. We're still without Bond, Styris and Gillespie who are all injured.

Hopefully Kyle Mills can continue to impress me and repeat his effort from the other night. Our batting is going to be our biggest worry. We need a couple of guys to stay in and occupy the crease. Astle appears woefully out of form but I would love to see him fire tonight. He doesn't have much cricket left in him and I'd hate never to see him smashing the ball over the boundary again.

Ah cricket. You keep me sane.

Labels:

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment