The World Of Jadeey: Potatoes



Potatoes

You know, when I was young I used to be really scared of potatoes. That seems incredibly stupid, I'm well aware of that. I wasn't scared of ordinary potatoes, just ones that had shoots coming out of them. Often we wouldn't get through a whole bag of potatoes at home for ages and the ones in the bottom of the bag would begin growing shoots. When I would open the bag and see this it would really terrify me. I think it was because the roots of the shoots (hehe rhymes) looked like little bugs. I just remembered this cos tonight I reached into a bag of potatoes and got a bit of a fright when I saw the shoots beginning to grow.

Gosh, the year is really speeding by. I can't believe it's almost 2006. Even worse is that I'm almost 24. This means I have a lot of things to acheive next year. I had a plan that I made 2 years ago of things I wanted to acheive by the time I was 25. I'm well on the way with having graduated uni and having a decent job. Still got a long way to go in the filmmaking stakes though. I reallly want to make a feature length film before I turn 25. It doesn't have to be a big budget one so it is a plenty doable target. Just gotta really focus. I keep finding other things to distract myself and that's not good. Not if I'm serious about making it as a filmmaker anyway.

My nephew is going to be on Shortland Street sometime in the next few days. I can't believe I'm actually going to have to watch that show. Ah well it'll be worth it. Seeing him on it will be awesome.

While I'm thinking about it, my feelings for my nephew are so bizarre. I adore him probably more than any other person in this world. I find that odd because I really love my parents, get on with them so well and can't imagine life without them. But with my nephew it's strange. It's like I love him so much it almost hurts. Maybe it's just cos he's such a little guy and has never done anything to hurt me. While I adore my parents as well, in my lifetime they have certainly hurt me a few times. Maybe this doesn't make the love go away but just diminishes it ever so slightly. Whereas Linc has never hurt me so my love for him is unblemished. Or maybe it's some other reason entirely. Not sure really.

Labels: ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment