The World Of Jadeey: Another Weekend Gone



Another Weekend Gone

It's Sunday night, the end of another weekend. Doesn't really feel like it cos I was at work all day yesterday but oh well.

I went and saw Four Brothers last night. It was actually really good. I had been expecting nothing but crap so was pleasantly surprised.

I also made a decision today. I'm not going to go for guys in the film industry or have any interest whatsoever in the industry. This might sound crazy to some, after all who better for me than a fellow film geek right? Wrong.

One reason for this decision is that I am SO sick of going to movies and having to talk through how it was shot, how it compares to similar movies, why that cut was used etc. Last night was a breath of fresh air - the guys I went with are not into any of that, they just wanted to watch a movie. I hadn't even realised how sick of it I was until I didn't have to go into any of it. It was great to just sit and watch the movie for what it was, a simple act of escapism. Not that I actually do it a lot anymore anyway, the person I go to the movies with the most these days is the perfect balance for me. But I still remember going to movies with my film class friends and being expected to make a huge number of insightful and intelligent comments.

But realy I just like to become immersed in the story as much as possible. . A throw-back to my Sam days I think since before him I was a talker but he wasn't. He was a film student that just loved films. He didn't mind discussing techniques afterwards but NEVER during.

With non-film geeks I'll get no-talking cos what is there to talk about during a film but the film techniques? So that's it - new boy=non film geek (but prefereably still likes watching movies!)

Haha as usual I have someone in mind. I will keep my avid readers posted as to how it works out!

Labels: ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment