The World Of Jadeey



Today I had one very important job. I had to be at the airport to pick up Lincoln by 11.40am. Now, Lincoln is 8 years old so being late just wasn't an option. Not to mention they are very strict about who picks him up. My name was given so I needed to be there to show ID and sign for him.

Simple right? Yep it should have been.

But no. Because life is just never that easy, when I hopped in the car and went to start it nothing happened. I tried again. Still nothing except the tell-tale click of a flat battery. Cursing myself I checked and saw that I hadn't left my lights on so there was no reason my battery should have been flat.

I rushed inside and woke my flatmate Derek up. He came outside and took a look at the car, agreeing with my assessment that it was a flat battery. Derek can't drive himself so he has a taxi driver friend. He called the taxi driver who turned up within 5 minutes and took me to the airport for a damn good price.

Thankfully I arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare. It cost me a hell of a lot more than I'd intended to spend to get there - but at least I got there. (And it was still a lot cheaper than it would have been with a regular taxi.)

My car is now going. Dad came down later in the day and charged my battery for me. I just think it's so damn typical that the time I urgently needed it was the time it decided to breakdown.

Labels: ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment