The World Of Jadeey: Gone too soon



Gone too soon

Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, died today. Sitting at work I heard his name on the radio, but didn't hear the news story. I checked the news headlines and saw he had been rushed to hospital, suspected cardiac arrest. I knew then that he was dead. I'm not saying I'm psychic because I'm not. Had he not been dead I would have told people I'd been so sure he was dead and that I was glad I was wrong and then I would have moved on. Unfortunately I was right and I felt no shock or surprise a little while later when the official announcement was made.

I'm devastated. Absolutely devastated.

On MJ's 50th birthday I wrote a post about him. I already said everything there that I would want to say here.

He was an amazing man. He was odd, absolutely he was. I don't deny that for a minute. But I don't think he was a bad man - I don't believe he was a child molester. It is my belief that he was just a weird, fucked up, astonishingly talented man that people took advantage of because of his oddness, his fame and his fortune.

It sucks that he died. But, you know, I hope he can find some peace now. I hope his children will be left alone to try and find a shred of normalcy. Most of all I hope that people will now, with his death, focus on his amazing talent rather than his often bizarre behaviour and appearance. His talent is his legacy. I can promise you that my kids will grow up knowing who Michael Jackson was and learning to sing and dance to his songs.

That's how every kid should grow up.

RIP Michael Jackson. You will be missed.

Labels:

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment