The World Of Jadeey: Mikey J



Mikey J

Aaron pointed out that I made a grave oversight yesterday - it was Michael Jackson's 50th birthday and I didn't blog about him. So, here it is, s special blog about the King of Pop - Michael Jackson.

Funnily enough, I watched my The Jacksons: An American Dream dvd recently. Years ago (I must have only been about ten) it was on tv, I was totally obsessed with Michael Jackson at the time and so recorded it. I must have watched that tape 100 times over the following couple of years. I bought it on dvd a couple of years ago because I remembered how much I loved it, turns out I still do. Well, I love the first 2 hours more than the last 3. (Yeah, it's very long.)

Aaron also commented that he went and saw Michael Jackson's concert in Auckland a few years ago. I am here to state publicly that I don't think i've ever been as jealous of anyone in my life as I am of him for getting to see that. I absolutely begged my parents to let me go, but they wouldn't. They were sure he would tour again when I was older and said I could go then. He hasn't and I'm sad. I'd pay a LOT of money to see a Michael Jackson concert.

I remember the night of the concert. I was babysitting and me and the kids listened to Michael Jackson CDs (or maybe tapes) all night. They had one of his concerts on tv that night which I watched - wishing that I was actually at the concert instead of watching an older one on tv. The kids made me promise to get them out of bed in time for Billie Jean - which I did and we all tried to moonwalk around the lounge. (Very unsuccessfully)

Generally you can't talk about Michael Jackson these days without those damn child molestation charges coming up. I hate that. In such a fantastic career, spanning decades - it's those charges that people remember. If they were true then I could understand it, but personally I've never believed that any of the accusations against him were true. He's just an exceptionally weird guy who is also exceptionally talented and used to be exceptionally rich. A prime target for people who want to take advantage of him. Yes, he obviously made some very serious errors in judgement by letting children sleep in his bed, but I don't for a moment believe that he did anything anywhere near the realm of sexual molestation.

Okay I don't like talking about that anymore. Time for a subject change. Haha here's an embarrassing story... Me and my cousin Melissa used to sing the Michael Jackson/Paul McCartney duet, The Girl is Mine. I think I probably forced her to do it. From memory I did the McCartney part and she did the Jackson part. It involved us each standing on a couch in the lounge and i'm pretty sure also involved some kind of dance we'd made up. Thank God no-one has any video of that. (We also used to do The Bartman.)

Here are a couple of videos to celebrate the amazingness that is Michael Jackson.

First up we have a Jackson 5 video - singing ABC.




Next is Micahel moonwalking. There is nothing cooler in this world than Michael Jackson moonwalking. Someone has taken heaps of different clips of him doing the moonwalk and edited it together with Billie Jean as the soundtrack.




And, Aaron, you'll remember this well you lucky bastard.

Here is Michael Jackson performing one of my all-time favourite Michael Jackson songs - Billie Jean - in Auckland in 1996. And, of course, it includes a moonwalk.

Labels: , ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just as a follow-up to this - Ten countries had special 'King of Pop' compilations released with fan-voted tracklistings. My name is in the Aussie Limited Edition CD. I need to look at the NZ Edition to see if my name appears there too, as I voted on both websites :D

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Holly said...

OH MY GOD! You are actually the coolest person I know! I'm so jealous it burns.

 

Post a Comment