The World Of Jadeey: Comedy



Comedy

Okay, just got home from Raybon Kan. He was awesome. And something occured to me while I was watching - being a stand-up comic for a living must be HARD!

Eww... quick aside... my cat just vomited and I wasn't fast enough to get him outside. So now there is cat vomit on my carpet that I have to clean up. gross.

And now, back to your regular scheduled blogging.

When you thinking about it, standing up and telling people jokes would be a lot harder than standing up and singing. (And I mean no disrespect to musicians. I couldn't do what they do.) When you are performing musically, the audience reaction is less obvious. Your music will generally be drowning out most audience reaction, so you just assume the are enjoying it.

With comedy, audience reaction is everything. You can hear ever laugh. Or every silence, as the case may be. It'd be awful standing up there on stage telling a joke that you thought was hilarious - and no-one laughs. God, just the thought of it gives me shivers.

Of course, I guess there's less worry about mucking up as a comedian. You can turn your screwed up punch-line into a joke all of it's own and people aren't really going to remember later that you screwed it up. When you are a musician people are definitely going to remember if you screw something up.

Everything has its challenges. (Ha! How's that for wisdom?!?)

Anyway, Raybon was great. Jerome opened for him and was good. Which is nice since the last time I saw him (was going to link to the blog where I talked about him, but I'm too lazy to find it.) he was crap. I'm glad he was good this time around.

Right. Now it is bedtime since I am still having to get up early for my slave labour.

Labels: , , ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment