The World Of Jadeey: The gym is fun!



The gym is fun!

Lucky readers, you get two posts today since it happened to be 'Secret Thursday' but I also had something to say.

I finally, after a year, discovered a way I can really enjoy the gym. Unfortunately it's not something I can repeat very often. Normally when I go to the gym I listen to my iPod. My preference is to listen to audio books because it fills in the time and stops me concentrating too deeply on the time. Nevertheless, I am always completely aware of how long I've been on each piece of equipment and more than ready to jump off when my time is up. Because of this convincing myself to work hard is an effort. Not so today.

I walked into the gym ready to listen to my audio book. Excited about the prospect, even, because I'm really enjoying it and desperately wanted to know what happened next. But as I walked out of the changing room I suddenly remembered one of the great things about my gym... Every single piece of cardio equipment outside the cardio cinema has its own tv screen. I've occasionally used these screens to watch a music video if it happens to have Justin in it, other than that I haven't really used them. Well, today the cricket was, of course, on Sky. No longer having Sky in our flat I'd been listening all day. As I approached the cardio equipment I realised the gym does have Sky so I could totally watch the cricket while I worked out!

I decided on the bikes because it would allow me to keep my head relatively still. (This is important because my headphones are currently in a very delicate state and cut out if they move too much.) I settled onto the bike and set it for my usual level. Normally the maximum I do on the bike is 20 minutes cos I like to mix up the cardio equipment I use each session rather than sticking to one thing for the entire session. Since I knew I wouldn't be moving to any other cardio machines (damn my dodgy headphones) I set it for an hour. Seriously, I could not believe it when my bike suddenly kicked into cooldown mode. I had barely looked at the clock and definitely didn't think I was anywhere near the hour. I set it for another 30 minutes, not willing to give up watching the cricket yet. Again I got a shock when cooldown mode started. I was tempted to keep going, but could feel that my body was pretty exhausted.

My verdict? I'm definitely going to go there and watch cricket everyday there is cricket on. It'll mean doing more cardio and less weights. But I don't think that will be too much of a big deal if I do my weights on non-cricket days. It also means, until I get new headphones at least, staying only on the bikes. I don't think that's a problem when I'm doing 90 minutes though!

I cycled 30km, climbed 3km and burned 700 calories. Nice. Yay for my obsession with cricket!

Labels: , ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment