The World Of Jadeey: I've always been a dreamer



I've always been a dreamer

I'm a dreamer. I always have been. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. In fact, I think it's a very good thing. I can't imagine a life without dreams.

I think I get the dreamer thing from my dad. My mum is a lot more realistic about life. It's a good partnership my parents have really - dad dreams and mum keeps him grounded so that his dreams don't get too out of control. The dreamer thing is probably why I, like my dad, am not content to just do one thing forever. Dad has moved around a lot - he's accepted promotions to Napier, Palmerston North, back to Wellington, back to Napier, back to Palmerston North because he likes change and likes to move around. I also like change and can't imagine doing the same thing, or living in the same place, for the rest of my life. I have big dreams and they don't all involve staying in Wellington forever.

It upsets me that so many people don't even try and follow their dreams. They are instead willing to accept some mediocre life rather than taking a risk and trying to realise their dreams. I've talked about taking risks recently on this blog. It's something I consider to be very important - especially when it comes to realising your dreams. I hate seeing my friends languishing in mediocrity when I know they could be so much more. You don't have to be rich or famous to be great - you just have to be doing what you love. Someone who is doing, or trying to do, what they love - what they've always dreamed of doing - could never be considered mediocre. Never.

One of my friends is helping me to potentially realise two of my biggest dreams next year. One is a total long-shot, but I have to try it. The pay-off is too great to not take the risk.

So, how about everyone who reads this blog makes the next 12 months the year to attempt to fulfil a dream. I'm going to do it and you all should too. Consider it a favour to me.

Labels: , ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Kat said...

"you just have to be doing what I love"

Lol, can I do what _I_ love instead? ;)

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Nope - if you do what you love then you're mediocre. You're only great if you do what I love. :P

Okay, okay, I've fixed it. People can do what they love. I guess the world doesn't revolve around me.

 

Post a Comment