The World Of Jadeey: Helen Clark and Scotty Dixon



Helen Clark and Scotty Dixon

I think I'm probably the only one of my friends that actually likes Helen Clark. But I really do. I think she's extremely intelligent and a very good leader. I like her as Prime Minister and, in my opinion, she's done a really good job.

I saw this photo of her recently in a book by Sally Tag. The book was full of photographs of New Zealanders. It's called On Top Down Under. If you ever get a chance to find a copy then I'd recommend taking a look. It's awesome. Anyway, here is the photo of our Prime Minister. On first look I thought it must have been taken when she in her early 20s, but it was actually in 1997. I think a lot of people will find this photo surprising.




Aaron said I should have blogged about Scott Dixon yesterday. Since I enjoy fulfilling people's blog requests I thought I'd attempt to make up for my oversight of not blogging about him yesterday by doing it today instead.

Scott Dixon won yesterday. That makes it his 6th IndyCar win of the season! He is now tied for the record of the most wins of an IndyCar season. It was a close one - he caught the leader on the final corner. Impressive for the Kiwi boy.

With our Olympians being so uninspiring right now, it's nice to see at least one Kiwi doing great things on the sporting scene. (Ok that's a little harsh. Our Olympians have plenty of time. I'm just bitter that we haven't won a single medal yet. I'm very competitive.)

Labels: , ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah but our "E-Blacks" online gamers, took gold at the world cyber games :D tehehe

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Holly said...

We have an E-Blacks?? How did I not know this?

Well then. Yay for the E-Blacks! :D

 

Post a Comment