The World Of Jadeey: Bloody National



Bloody National

National announced their election pledges today. They made me REALLY angry. Bloody National!

There are of course the tax cuts. National have said that they don't need to borrow for the tax cuts. They've also said that they will need to borrow for some of the other things they want to do.... In other words - the tax cuts do mean that the country will be in debt.

Funnily enough they have pledged to take a more disciplined approach to Government spending... Hmmmm how do the tax cuts fit in with that Johnny boy? They also want to open up some government services to the public sector - it's this pledge that makes me the most angry I think. I don't want that to happen. I really, really don't.

There is actually one pledge I do like - they are going to set literacy and numeracy standards in primary schools. I think this is brilliant. I think the standards now are shocking and need to be improved. I'm glad people are finally starting to recognise this.

Anyway. Kat and I are setting up a blog to let people know what each party is pledging and what their policies are. So, if you want to educate yourself then visit the Edulection website from October 1st and you'll find all the information you need.

Labels: ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment