The World Of Jadeey: Just do it!



Just do it!

"It takes courage to recognise the real as opposed to the convenient."

These words were spoken by the character Dame Judi Dench plays in Notes on a Scandal. Despite the character's insanity, the words are very true. It's easier to go with the convenient option rather than taking a risk.

The risky option is risky for a reason - the outcome isn't assured. You might end up deliriously happy with the result or you might end up shattered. But that's what life is all about. Humans are amazingly good at getting back on their feet and recovering.

I've never been much of a risk-taker. But when I have jumped off the cliff (metaphorically speaking) I've made some incredibly good decisions (And also some incredibly bad ones - but I choose to forget those). It's very satisfying to know you didn't go with the easy option.

Don't do something just because it's convenient. Not if you think there is another option that could make you much happier. Take the risk. See what happens. You'll never win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket...
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Well that's an insightful post, what inspired that?

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Holly said...

That quote has just been going around and around in my head since I watched the film. I decided that meant maybe I should blog about it.

 

Post a Comment