The World Of Jadeey: Weird sounds in the night



Weird sounds in the night

After laughing at Kat for missing her 1-year of blogging anniversary I missed mine too. It was 2 days ago. Ha. I wrote all about petrol prices. Not exactly a thrilling post, but it least it didn't just say "I have nothing to say" or something like that!

Last night I was happily drifting off to sleep at about 3am. Suddenly I bolted awake when a huge series of bangs started. I've got to say, I thought we were being broken into. Ingrid said the same sound has happened at about the same time 3 nights in a row now. I want to know what the hell it is since, to me, it sounded like the banging and splintering of wood.

I admit, I have a certain predilection to thinking someone is breaking in. Mainly because last year someone WAS breaking in. But I maintain that was exactly what it sounded like. Obviously no-one did break in, but it still took a long time for my heart to slow down. And now I am extremely curious. I want to know what it was!

This is going to sound crazy, but the only answer I can come up with is our ghosts. The noise has happened 3 nights in a row, at around the same time and it was definitely from our house and not the street. The more I think about it the more I'm sure the sound came from the roof. We have a huge attic - although none of us can or are willing to go up there. I've always been convinced that's where the ghosts live when they're not walking down our hallway or burning things in our room. None of us have even looked up there in the 4 or so years I've lived here. I might just be imagining that the sound came from the roof because it's easy to believe that, so I can't really use that as evidence. But I can't think of any other explanations other than ghosts. Scary.

UPDATE: Ingrid, who is at work and has not read this blog today and who I hadn't discussed this with, just txted and said she thinks the sounds come from the roof. I'm not wrong!
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment