The World Of Jadeey: Postsecret.com



Postsecret.com

For those of you who have never been there, you should visit the postsecret website. I get such a mix of emotions when I read the new secrets posted there each week. Usually I feel a mixture of sadness and a feeling of being damn lucky that I don't share those same secrets. Sometimes there are secrets there that hit a little close to home, but there's something good about knowing, for sure, that others out there share the same problems I do. Once or twice I've read a secret that's shocked me because I've realised I do, in fact, share that same secret and just hadn't really realised it.

It's amazing to me the number of people who suffer silently through unhappy relationships, only revealing their unhappiness in an anonymous secret. It's awful really. Yet, I can understand it. Being alone is scary. Leaving your comfort zone is even scarier. When breaking up your relationship means leaving your comfort zone and resigning yourself to being alone, I can see how it's damn near impossible to make that move. It's easier to fool yourself into believing that it's not that bad, than actually looking too deeply at things. It's not healthy, but it is easier. I imagine that posting their secret probably helps a lot of people. By writing it down they are fully acknowledging their unhappiness, and will hopefully begin to deal with it.

The other thing, the thing that I don't like, about reading the website is that it makes me think about my own secrets. The ones that my close friends know but don't really KNOW. I'm lucky in that I can't think of any secrets my close friends have absolutely no inkling about, but there are always things that I downplay when I shouldn't. It also makes me think about the things my friends might be hiding from me. The hurts they feel, but that they cannot share for one reason or another. It's tough to know your friends are probably hurting about things that they can't find the words to talk about, just like at times everyone hurt over things they can't bring themselves to talk about.

It always helps me to know that, if I chose to do so, I have people who would be willing to listen as I struggled to find the words to talk. I hope my friends know I would do the same for them in a heartbeat, that I would support them even if they couldn't find the words to tell me why they needed the support.

That's what friends do.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment