The World Of Jadeey: I don't want to do your laundry anymore



I don't want to do your laundry anymore

We can talk about that

Since living in Auckland I have discovered a way to make it rain that is far more reliable than a rain-dance. Admittedly it is Auckland, so you can expect rain on a fairly regular basis anyway. But, my technique is so foolproof that it will bring about rain even on the hottest, sunniest of days.

Why would I want to make it rain, you ask? I don't! In fact, I think it is because I don't want it to rain that my method works so well. The universe is against me and as soon as I desperately don't want rain, it appears on the horizon.

So what is this ingenious method? Washing my sheets. Yup, that's right, every single fucking time I was my sheets grey clouds appear within moments of me getting them out on the line. Today was a beautiful day. Kat pointed out early on that it would be the perfect time to wash my sheets. It was hot, sunny with just a slight breeze. Perfect. I put my sheets on the line about an hour ago. Since then I have watched as ominous grey clouds have made their way across the sky. The kicker? They are currently above my house, and pretty much ONLY my house. I can see sunny, blue sky in every direction except straight up.

My sheets are currently still out there but I am poised to run outside the moment the rain begins. And it will begin, of that I have no doubt. I'm hoping they get mostly dry before the rain comes along so the dehumidifier can finish them off when I inevitably have to bring them in still a bit damp.

*sigh*
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment