The World Of Jadeey: ... and then I go to work to a job for which I get paid too little



... and then I go to work to a job for which I get paid too little

So, something great happened today. I figured it out. All of it. The meaning of life. Okay, maybe that’s taking it a little far but I did figure out the meaning of my own life. It took talking to a stranger to work it all out. He put it all into perspective for me in a way it’s never been before. I think it was because he is a stranger that it all suddenly made sense. He had no hidden agenda, no personal opinion and no reason to try and keep me happy. (I’m now just hoping this isn’t one of those passing stages I get so excited about and then realise isn’t what I want at all. I don’t think so though. This feels different.)

I’m not quite ready to share yet. This feels like a somewhat personal journey and I need to figure out some details before I’m ready to talk about it. The good news is that, without even realising it, I’ve started on my journey. Moving up to Auckland was the first part and moving back to Wellington is the second. I’ve needed this year here, it’s been good for me.

Ever since I was a kid I’ve had this idea of what my life would be like and, up until this point, life has never panned out how I thought it would. I’ve been miserable and depressed about that for a long time but now I realise that was stupid. Life isn’t over and there is still plenty of time for it to work out exactly as I had planned it. It’s never too late and I haven’t stuffed anything up. In fact, without even knowing it, I’ve been making the right choices all along.

I realise this is all random and doesn’t make sense to anyone else since I’m not explaining what it is I realised today. But, first and foremost this blog is about me and is written for me, that others get any enjoyment out of it is really just a bonus. In a year to 18 months, hopefully you can all look back on this post and say “So that’s what she was talking about!”

For the last few months I’ve been secretly scared because I’ve had no desire whatsoever to write. I was beginning to think I was leaving my job to pursue my dream of being a writer right when the desire had left me. Thankfully, with my realisations came the desire to write again.

Just like Hiro from Heroes, I know that there are certain things I am destined for. (Not saving the world, nothing so grand I’m afraid.) I have decided that I am going to make those things happen. The reason I’m writing this? To inspire me. So I can’t just claim it was a random thought I had one night. To make sure I actually get out there and fucking do it.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment