The World Of Jadeey: This just can't be summer love



This just can't be summer love

I am awesome! That's right. I really am. For one specific reason as well as just the fact that overall I'm pretty awesome. My reason? Because I got 6 Justin Timberlake tickets even though 2 concerts sold out in 7 minutes. That's right, my friends don't have to miss out because somehow, amazingly, I managed to secure 6 tickets when others couldn't even get 1.

A couple of hours after it sold out I checked out TradeMe and sure enough there are plenty of people who have already figured out that 'oops I bought tickets but it turns out I can't go because I already have something on that night. Oh well I'll sell them to you for five times the price instead!' I actually do have one ticket more than I need but I am taking a stand and am selling it for exactly as much as I paid for it. I refuse to make a profit out of someone else's desperation.

Right, now that I have told you all about my awesomeness I will move onto the actual topic of today's blog. Continuing the theme of yesterday I will discuss thing number 1986 that Holly wonders about when she should be working. That thing is how many people have had a 'summer love'.

Summer romance. It's the theme of two songs that I can think of right at this moment and I'm sure hundreds of others. It's the theme of one of my favourite childhood movies (which just happens to feature one of the two songs I can think of!) and again, probably a whole lot of other movies that I can't think of right now as well.

It is easy to see how it would happen. You go on a holiday, you meet someone and you fall for them. In the relaxed state most people spend their holidays in it's not at all surprising and I imagine it's extremely common. I know I've had a summer romance. Well, it wasn't actually over summer but it was a romance and it was in a city that wasn't my hometown so I think it counts. Actually, now that I think about it, romance might be a little too strong a word for it. Maybe it was a fling. Oh I don't know. But I've had one. Yes I have.

I wonder how many summer romances turn into more, like good ol' Sandy and Danny. I'm not sure but what I do know is that wondering that is Thing Holly Wonder's About While She Should be Working number 1987 so it will have to be discussed another day.

Sorry.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment