The World Of Jadeey: The middle-of-the-bus phenomenon



The middle-of-the-bus phenomenon

I have discovered something interesting this year. I'm going to call it the middle-of-the-bus phenomenon.

First, a bit of background. I hate sitting with strangers on the bus. I don't like that they get in my space and I particularly hate it when they smell or take up more than their fair share of the seat. Actually, I hate it most when they do both of those things at once. Let's face it, sitting that close to a stranger isn't exactly comfortable. Because of my distaste for sitting with strangers, I always take note of the bus rides when people don't sit with me. This is how I discovered the middle-of-the-bus phenomenon.

You see, if you are sitting in the exact middle of the bus then people are less likely to sit with you. I kid you not. It only works with the seats exactly halfway down. These seats seem to be the last ones people choose to sit in. I'm not exactly sure why, but I think it's because most people have a preference to sit either at the front or at the back. The middle is left for those of us who don't have a preference - and it seems we are the minority.

So, that's my interesting thing for today. Well, I found it interesting anyway.

Tomorrow I need to take some text to school that has an interesting or contrasting rhythm. I'm very stuck on what to take right now. I better stop writing this and go look for something.

Labels: ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment