The World Of Jadeey: The magic of childhood



The magic of childhood

I miss being a kid sometimes. I remember when everything was magical. Then you get older and reality hits. Suddenly almost nothing is magical anymore.

Things like going to the movies used to be the most wonderful, amazing experience in the world. These days I still completely adore going to the movies, but it doesn't contain the magic that it used to. I can get lost in movies and they are great for escapism.... but they're not magic anymore.

Reading used to be magic... Now it's not. I would get so lost in the book I was reading that I'd barely notice the real world. Doesn't happen anymore. Like movies, I still love them, but it's not magical.

One thing that is still magical though - live sports. I went to see David Beckham last year and it was pure magic. Then, of course, there is cricket. I have such fond memories of attending cricket games with my friends or with my dad. And it's just as good these days. I don't get many opportunities to attend, but when I do it's exactly as it was when I was a kid. I spend the whole time enthralled with everything that is happening and barely able to believe I am there. I can't even explain it... except to liken it to the magic of childhood.

One other thing that is magic... the theatre. (Especially Blood Brothers!)
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment