The World Of Jadeey: Movies



Movies

There are a few films I want to see at the moment that are, unfortunately and annoyingly, not out in New Zealand. This seems to be a common occurance for me because I spend quite a bit of time online watching movie trailers or upcoming releases in America. If only upcoming releases in America also meant upcoming releases in New Zealand instead of 'might be out in New Zealand sometime in the next 12 months.'

Two of the films I want to see, Across the Universe and Dan in Real Life, are already available on DVD in America. I'm probably going to buy them of Amazon.com. I'm also dying to see Leatherheads (for obvious reasons) and it would not surprise me if that is released on DVD in America before it's released in cinemas here too.

TV is even worse. Half the shows I love to watch aren't even on New Zealand television. Or, at least, aren't advertised well enough for me to know that they are on New Zealand television. Shows like Chuck would do so well, yet I'm pretty sure it isn't here. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Then there's books. There are so many authors I have heard of and want to read but can't easily get hold of their books in the bookstores here. We have such a limited range of authors and titles in our bookstores. It's a huge pain in my ass. Whitcoulls have started up a website which does go a little way to rectifying the problem, and Borders have had a website for a while. Unfortunately a lot of the prices on these sites just don't compete with Amazon's pricing. When you take into account shipping they probably do, but for me shipping doesn't really count since I buy so many DVDs (that I really can't buy in NZ) off there already that throwing in a couple of books hardly makes a difference.

I want to support New Zealand companies. I really do. But they make it so damn hard for me when Amazon make it so damn easy.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment