The World Of Jadeey: Gutted



Gutted



Stephen Fleming fully retired from New Zealand cricket today. His last game will be the final test match against England in Napier. Unfortunately, I can't be at that but I will most definitely be at his last Basin Reserve game.

If I thought I was gutted when he retired from the captaincy and from the one day game (which I did), it's nothing on what I feel now. For the majority of my cricket-loving life, certainly every game that I can remember, Stephen Fleming has been there.

I will never love another cricket player as much as I loved, and still love, him. Not in some weird creepy way. I got over my actual crush on him a long time ago. I love him as a player and a captain.

He is far from the most consistent player in the world, there's been drug scandals, problems with the media, and a horrible conversion rate of 50s. Yet, even while watching him was often disappointing because he often got out far too soon to a stupid shot, there was something magical about him for me. To me he was what cricket was all about. When he is in form his batting is a thing of beauty. To any non-cricket fans out there, I know that sounds crazy, but it's true.

Ah well, I could wax lyrical all night about how much I love him, but I won't. Everyone already knows that anyway, I don't need to go repeating myself a million times.

I'll miss you Stephen, cricket won't be the same without you.

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment