The World Of Jadeey: I love everything Tim McIntosh chooses to be



I love everything Tim McIntosh chooses to be

I was happily listening to the cricket today, and feeling very positive about it all, when it all went wrong. I don't know why I'm not used to it by now. I've been a cricket fan since I was a kid and every New Zealand cricket fan knows that batting collapses are inevitable. It's what our team does. Always. And yet, it always takes me by surprise when it happens. I always end up feeling really let down.

Tim McIntosh did brilliantly though. The selectors seem to have picked a winner there. He played this test exactly as an opening batsman, actually as any batsman, should. He was slow and steady to start with and then pulled out the shots once he was settled and comfortable. He ended up getting 130-something. Unfortunately none of our other batsmen played that way - instead those who got starts got out stupidly and none of the rest of them even got starts. It was pathetic. It is always pathetic. And yet I keep going back.

A friend of mine commented the other day that he loves my reasonless optimism when it comes to the Black Caps. It's true too, every game I am supremely confident that we are going to win and then I feel completely bewildered when we don't. One day, sometime in the future, New Zealand will have a team that is good enough that my optimism will no longer be reasonless. We will!

Labels:

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment