The World Of Jadeey: The 500th!



The 500th!

Here it is folks, my 500th post on this here blog. I thought that for this milestone I'd go through and make a sort of timeline of my life since I've been blogging. There are very few, if any, people who have read every post I've written. So this is sort of like a summary for everyone.

November 2005
I started this blog after not having one for a while. My diary-x one was gone (their servers died and everyone lost everything.) I needed a place to vent about the guy I called "Sam". I wasn't, and i'm still not, willing to use his real name. On the off-chance he ever stumbled upon this blog I don't want him to know I cared enough to write about him, hence the nickname. Those who knew me then know who he was.

I'd been promoted fairly recently to complex manager of Hoyts Lower Hutt. Skycity wasn't open yet, but we were already suffering major budget cuts. My staff blamed me.

I graduated from university after 6 years of being there (part-time mostly) and started a new relationship.

December 2005
I admitted that I'm a little bit scared of potatoes. (Only when they have creepy stalks sticking out of them.) I also ran into "Sam" at a play and then sulked about it for a week.

I went to the King Kong after-party and met Colin Hanks. It was awesome and I've loved him ever since.

My favourite cousin in the whole world moved in with me and we had a great time. Prior to her arrival I was falling apart a bit. She helped steady me, as she usually does.

January 2006
I applied for some jobs. I got none of them. That seems to be about all I did, according to my blog anyway. :)

February 2006
I continued to be confused about my relationship with the boy.

March 2006
I ceased to exist in March 2006, or my blog did anyway. I posted nothing.

April 2006
Just one post in April 2006. I injured my arm playing too much Fable on the Xbox. Hmm that's making me want to play Fable right now.

May - July 2006
Nada. No idea what happened during these 3 months of my life.

August 2006
My only post was a proclamation that Hugh Laurie is hot. And he is.

September 2006
Nothing.

October 2006
I worried I was pregnant. Thankfully I turned out not to be.

I watched some (ok, a lot of) cricket, told some stories, discovered soap that looks like jizz, reviewed some films, my car got keyed and I met someone who changed my life.

November 2006
Answered one of those stupid 'facts about me' quiz, talked about sex, talked about spiders, talked about cricket, talked about politics and ranted about a guy I really dislike.

December 2006
A couple of cinema stories and a moan about myspace.

January 2007
I arrived back home from my holiday to Perth. Talked about cricket A LOT and posted tons of Youtube videos of cricket, Nathan Astle retired from international cricket - I was sad. And, I prepared to move to Auckland.

February 2007
I moved to Auckland, but came home for a week to finish up some stuff at my old complexes. Ingrid organised me a surprise party that surprised the crap out of me. I think that has to be about the only successful surprise party in the history of the world.

March 2007
I didn't post at all. Probably because I was in the final month before Sylvia Park opened and have never worked so many hours in my life. I definitely didn't have time to blog.

April 2007
I didn't have time to pee at work, I missed Wellington a LOT and I asked my iPod a whole lot of questions - most of the answers were not helpful.

This was about the time I decided to stop posting really personal posts. I still discussed my feelings in a wider sense, but tried to stop the really personal stuff like relationships.

May 2007
I yelled at a burgler and scared him away. I also ranted about work.

June 2007
My wife drowned. A few days later I admitted this wasn't true because I don't have a wife and no-one I know has drowned, thank goodness. I can't remember why i wrote the wife drowning post in the first place, but I do remember it was amidst much giggling by Kat and myself.

July 2007
I joined the daily blog challenge.

I read the final Harry Potter book, dressed up as Bart Simpson and walked through Sylvia Park, dressed up as Homer Simpson and walked up Queen Street, I got my car back finally and discussed my overuse of brackets. (An overuse which continues today... See.)

August 2007
I met Jason Behr, took an emergency trip to Wellington - my first since I'd moved to Auckland, went to Spookers, talked about cricket, talked about politics, moaned about work and discovered the 'in your pants' game. (Haha that game is SO not what it sounds like when I just wrote it. You just add the words 'in your pants' to the end of statements or questions. Eg. Where's my cellphone? In your pants. I like video games... in your pants.)

September 2007
It was the Hoyts conference, talked about politics, went to a Warriors game, made a list of the 'facts according to Holly', bought Justin Timberlake tickets, wrote my 200th post and had my heart broken when Stephen Fleming retired from ODIs.

October 2007
I developed an obsession with The Office (American version), talked about tv couples, talked about grammar, went to Australia with some friends and went to Crowded House with Kat.

November 2007
Kat was apparently talking to me about anal sex one evening (I don't remember this at all, but I wrote it so it must be true.). The writers guild went on strike, Kat had to eat a blenderised happy meal, I ALMOST had to eat a blenderised happy meal, we discovered the eels in the lagoon, I wrote a list of things that piss me off (it was long) and I went to Justin Timberlake in concert.

December 2007
I watched David Beckham live, talked about lying, watched Hells Kitchen, got sexiled, started packing for my move back to Wellington, moved back to Wellington, had Christmas, the man who had been my boss until earlier in the month when i left, died and I wrote my 300th post.

January 2008
I talked about politics and cricket, moved up to the beach with dad, got accepted onto my course, arranged to move permanently back in with Ingrid and Derek, Heath Ledger died, I thought I'd lost my nephew in Whitcoulls and I turned 26.

February 2008
I talked about cricket and politics (clearly a running theme through this blog), Stephen Fleming further broke my heart by retiring completely from international cricket, it was my nana's 80th birthday, Kat came to visit and I dropped my laptop.

March 2008
Bought a new laptop - with Vista :( , talked about politics and cricket, discovered there were new deadly sins, went to the Smashing Pumpkins and somewhere in there was Easter.

April 2008
A guy claimed to have been raped by a wombat, I saw a giraffe at the wharf in Wellington, discovered I'm okay at Wii bowling but useless at Wii golf, had holidays and discovered I have a thing for musicians.

May 2008
Talked about poltics, petrol prices went up to $1.93 (god I wish they were that low now), made our 48Hours film, came 3rd in our heat for audience favourite, Scott Dixon won the Indy 500 and I took a trip to Auckland to visit my friends.

June 2008
My friend had a baby - I couldn't hold him cos I had a cold, I put our 48Hours film up on Youtube, Derek didn't save power, petrol prices went up to $2.10, I talked about cricket and the gym.

July 2008
Ingrid wouldn't help me save power. And I wrote this post. Which has taken me about an hour and a half. Wow.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Congratulations on your 500th!! :D

 

Post a Comment