The World Of Jadeey: Save the Children



Save the Children

I hate the way the Save the Children charity attacks you for money at every opportunity. They've annoyed me many times as I've been walking through the mall. The thing I hate is that they won't take no for an answer and push you to sign up immediately - for a period of time of about 15 years.

Recently I've been reading a book on modern-day slavery and it kicked my social conscience up a gear.

So today I decided to look Save the Children up and actually check them out properly. I've been so put off in the past that I've ignored them and haven't really thought beyond the fact that they 'save the children'. I read about how they, only a few months ago, shut down a brothel in Asia that employed children as young as 8 years old, have put all of those children into foster care and provide on-going support and checks to make sure the children don't just get sent back onto the street.

They also seem to have got wise to the fact that offering a 15 year committment is hard for most people so they have 1 year contracts with get-out clauses if you lose your job etc. I decided to give it a go. It's only $35 a month which is less than I pay for the gym so it seemed wrong not to after I'd just been reading about it.

I feel pretty good about myself right now. And pretty annoyed that their ridiculously pushy attitude has put me off in the past. They should really get a clue and drop the pushy attitude, they might find they actually attract more donations that way.

Labels:

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment