The World Of Jadeey: There's a reason they call it work



There's a reason they call it work

Today at work was mind-numbingly, bone-crunchingly boring. I think I was the most bored I've ever been at work.

When I first got this job the HR person was worried that I'd be bored. I assured her I wouldn't, of course I did - I wanted the job. At that stage I'd been looking for a job for about 6 weeks, was looking at a job market where people were losing jobs rather than gaining them and the company happened to be one that would offer lots of career advancement in the future. So I spent a lot of time assuring her that I would find ways to entertain myself.

3 months in i'm almost out of things to do. Don't get me wrong - I love the company I work for and I love the people I work with. I just don't particularly love the boredom or repetitiveness of my day. The company offers courses to help its staff upskill and get promotions. I will be starting one of these courses soon so I can get the heck of the service desk.

Labels:

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Kat said...

I've decided you were bored because I got dragged to a meeting and you couldn't email amusing subject lines back and forth all afternoon.

No, jokes. Be glad you don't have so much to do you get stuck doing 10+ hours every day... be careful what you wish for. I understand your pain, but it really is just as bad the other way.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Holly said...

That's true, I am very glad I can walk out the door at 5pm and not care again until the next day.

And yeah, your lack of emails contributed heavily to my boredom.

 

Post a Comment