The World Of Jadeey: Digging in the middle of the night



Digging in the middle of the night

Last night I was happily sleeping when I was suddenly woken up by a weird tapping sound. I lay there trying to figure out what it was (ever since we were broken into while I was sleeping I've listened very hard to odd noises.) I realised it wasn't anyone breaking into our house, but then thought maybe it was someone breaking in next door.

When the sound kept going for another couple of minutes I realised it couldn't be someone breaking in - it didn't sound right and it wouldn't go on that long. My sleep addled brain then decided that the next-door neighbour must be digging a hole. I briefly wondered why they would need to dig a hole in the middle of the night and came to the only logically conclusion. They were burying a body.

A little while after I'd decided this and was still wondering what I should do about it, Derek got up to investigate. He went outside and saw that they were doing roadworks. At 4 in the morning. Roadworks.

It only lasted until about 4.30am, but I was still violently angry. (Oddly enough, I was less angry when I thought someone was burying a body.)

Labels: ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Ingrid said...

Haha... Funny thing is that the tapping didn't annoy me... the two flat-mates discussing it at 4am did :p

 

Post a Comment