The World Of Jadeey: Overused phrases



Overused phrases

I overheard a conversation today where one person was telling her friend that she overuses the phrase uh-oh spaghetti-O. It got me thinking about things people I know say all the time. Rather than naming and shaming people I thought I'd just talk about myself.

When someone asks me how I am I always, always reply, 'not bad'. It annoys me because it's such a stupidly neutral reply anyway. I could at least be more positive and say good or great. Unfortunately 'not bad' automatically comes out even though I'd like to reply something different.

When someone explains something to me I always reply with, 'fair enough'. Again it really annoys me that I say it all the time and yet I can't seem to stop myself.

Instead of saying so-and-so 'said' I often say 'so-and-so was like...' This one in particular bugs me. I cringe everytime I say it and am working hard on stopping. I definitely say it a lot less than I used to, but unfortunately it still comes out automatically a lot.

I can't think of anything else I say all the time. I'm sure there are other things though. Oh! I use the word 'though' WAY too much.

Yep, I'm predicitble.

And yet I can't seem to train myself to say 'bollocks' more often. Bollocks is the greatest word but I always forget to use it until too late. Sad.

Labels: ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment