The World Of Jadeey: The Medieval Supplies Store



The Medieval Supplies Store

A couple of weeks ago, while I was on the bus, I noticed a shop in Petone called The Medieval Supplies Store. I was very intrigued. It looks like a really big store.

Further inspection has revealed that they really do sell medieval supplies - the name does not lie. And it really is a huge store. In The Medieval Supplies Store you can buy suits of armour (the stand-alone types you see in castles), swords, bows and arrows, chainmail... The list goes on.

What I want to know is..... How on earth is there enough interest in medieval supplies that this store can stay in business? Who needs medieval supplies? Does anyone? The only possible time I think I might need medieval supplies is if I was going to a costume party and had a medieval-type costume. I'm sure there is not enough interest in medieval costumes for that to be its sole purpose.

Do you think there are people out there walking around with chainmail shirts on under their clothes and suits of armour in their house?

There is one other possibility. This is a possibility that occurred to me a few years ago when I discovered another shop that confused me. The shop was a computer shop in Central Hutt. It was hardly ever open and all the computer boxes in the window were dusty and about two years out of date. I'm pretty sure that shop was actually a time-warp back to two years ago. It's the only thing that makes sense. And now I reckon I've discovered another one - but this one takes you back to medieval times!!

Super cool.

Labels: ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

4 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Kat said...

On my last day living in Wellington, Kelly, Lij and I went to a medieval fair. There was jousting and armour and meat on sticks and stuff. I'm thinking that if there was only one of these stores in the country, and these fairs happened on a regular basis, that would be enough to keep it in business. Still, when I'm down in Dec I want to go!! :)

As for the computer shop - maybe it's like the department store in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix which isn't actually a store at all but a magical hospital! Maybe you found the secret entrance to a wizard-only area!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Holly said...

OH MY GOD!! I totally did. And I didn't even realise it because I don't have magical blood so the muggle-repelling charms fooled me into not wanting to investigate any further. Damn it!

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Kat said...

I wish we had magical blood. I'd totally send you messages with my Morepork and we could accio the remote when it was far away...

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger hecklenjyde said...

You might be surprised at how many medieval groups there are around. I know of at least 4-5 in the Wellington region alone.

 

Post a Comment