The World Of Jadeey: RIP Kelly the dolphin



RIP Kelly the dolphin

The final dolphin from Napier's Marineland died today. :(

When I was about 12 me and Melissa went swimming with the dolphins at Marineworld. Back then there were 2 dolphins. Swimming with the dolphins is one of the coolest things I've ever done. The dolphins didn't really let us touch them, but it was still very cool.

I'm very happy that people aren't allowed to just catch wild dolphins and train them. But it does make me sad that it means Marineland might be closing.

Here is a video of the dolphins (and other animals) at Marineland, taken in 1993.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8047613612071205019

Labels: ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment